Lesley Carter made my day in two ways.
1. She ‘Liked’ a post (Destiny?) that was getting surprisingly too few views and was actually one of my particular favourites!
2. She gave me the topic of my next blog post- The Bucket List! (People check out her blog, the idea is fantastic!)
Of course! When Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson introduced that phrase to me in their 2007 comedy-drama of the same name, I had excitedly set off with not one, not two, but three, THREE bucket lists for myself. That was when I was twelve and superly hyper about Morgan Freeman, adventure and sky-diving (though I still don’t have the courage to actually, ‘take the leap’.)
Those who don’t know what a Bucket List is…. brace yourself, for the most interesting concept ever. It’s so that you know you’re going to die, eventually or sooner if it’s some unfortunate disease, so what are all the things you want to do before you, as they say, hit the bucket? 😀 😀 😀
So here are all three of my lists, back from the days of naive responsibility!
The Bucket List in the Event of Dying of Boredom at My Own Home:
- Write a note to mommy that says- I did intend to clean my room but unfortunately, before I could do it, I died.
- If by unforeseen circumstances I don’t have paper and ink to write that note, then- CLEAN THE ROOM.
- Paint the walls bright pink and then draw graffiti on them such that the bright pink is no more visible.
- Break the furniture, and then ‘improvise’… piece wood from here and a handle from there to create ‘modern art’ stuff.
- In order to do No.4 in a fun way, learn to karate without hurting my hands and hence break furniture.
- Throw such a rubbish Bucket List as this one and make a new one which includes messing with people’s shampoos, making an exotic sandwich which is also non-edible, and tearing some pages.
The Bucket List in the Event of Dying of Boredom Outside my Home:
- Miss home.
- Miss my sister’s ever-ready head to do mischief on and then also put the blame on.
- Stop missing.
- Crack some jokes at intersections where the Pedestrian light is green so few times, so that people get to spend their times in a constructive way as they hit me with slippers for irritating them so and I get a free massage.
- Dance in front of Parliament House and sing the song “All I want to say” by Michael Jackson on the top of my lungs with special emphasis on- “They don’t really care about us!”
- Trash this list too and die, or return home to re-make the first list.
The Bucket List in the Event of Picking a Deathly Disease or Hero Work that has Set the Mafia after me or Old Age.
(In short, the REAL Bucket List, where my Death is actually prospective.)
- Sky dive.
- FINALLY get the courage to do NO.1 or just have someone push me.
- Scuba dive! Follow in the steps of dear mommy!
- Cycle around, and IN, Oxford. With a friend who shares the dream.
- Have Leonardo di Caprio drive a Cadillac with me in the passenger seat with those perfect tresses open and in the air.
- Play volleyball on a Miami beach with the hotshots from Top Gun opposite me and my team from school!!!
- Travel on Orient Express. (That’s supposed to be good, right?”
- Write one HELL of a book….. or if there isn’t enough time, make do with a grand blog post.
- Attract more Lesley Carters to this post and love the experience. See ya, everybody!!! 😀
(P.S. Thank you SO MUCH Lesley Carter. You don’t know how much that simple ‘Like’ meant to me!)
(P.P.S. Addition to Bucket List #1- Mess up my room so mom tells me to clean it, because my room is always so clean and I don’t know why I had that on my Bucket List probably because of too many movies. But see- I am such a good girl! 😀 )