Tebogo Ndlovu nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. And try as I might, I can NOT write a good fiction piece I intended to, she’s got my attention so grasped.
Firstly, you have GOT to know the rules. If that doesn’t tell you all you need to know about the creator of this Award-
1.Give credit to the person who nominated you.
2. Describe 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers.
Since I was nominated, here is my diligent compilation of 1, 2 and 3.
Tebogo Ndlovu. First of all, check out her blog at http://www.tebogondlovu.wordpress.com I think I have never read a poem as beautiful and as ‘just-there’ as A Homage to Our Lips. Remember a curve that sets everything straight? You will, after you read. I am really grateful, Tebogo, because to be nominated for an award for my blog is something I never expected.
Now, as to the 7 things about me…. why just 7? That will be a challenge.
- I love writing about cheeseburgers though I have never had one, and never will, because only recently I learnt that a cheeseburger is a hamburger with cheese.
- I am avid reader and I adore Jeffrey Archer and Mitch Albom.
- I love dogs but only one dog ever loved me back, and now she’s dead.
- I often say to myself that I would have been “as lost as El Dorado if I didn’t write.”
- My favourite pass-time is to find things to do, even if I always end up ignoring what I find and finding other options…
- I love colours, but black is my favourite, because it’s really a spectrum of all colours!
- I hate hate-speeches. (Tell me you liked this one!)
And now, to the 15 other blogs I nominate! Here we go-
- Starstone! Just read her Hillflower story, I keep saying.
- Second Lunch! He makes wonderful illustrations, though I love the one where he battled WordPress and Blogger out best.
- The Good Greatsby. He’s funny. I hope he is. Because he needs serious attention if he isn’t.
- The Whine List. No comment. Plain awesome.
- Mostly Bright Ideas. Bright? Electric!
- Rutendo Chabikwa. I’m linking her’s to a post, and that should explain her substance.
- “The Two Bruces explain it all… because the world needs all the help it can get.” Sure!
- The Oven Mitt. A food blog. No, a drool blog.
- Scribbled Poetry. Though this blog is not on WordPress, I think that shouldn’t be the reason to remove it from this list.
- The Nomad Grad. Her Barrier Reef adventure is one to die for.
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
- Tebogo Ndlovu. WHY in the world not.
- The Third Oracle. Because, he is just, mind blowing.
That’s all. I know I’m short of a few. But I can’t fill in names just because I must. I’ll go read and then I’ll update this post.
Thanks again, Tebogo Ndlovu!