In June 2013, I pulled the plug on this blog and many of you, just like me, were disheartened about the decision. Let’s be honest. It SPELLED failure. The most important thing about blogging, that any blogger or really anyone with a bit of experience with fans will tell you is that there has to be content and there has to be regular content. The content part was going pretty strong for me, I was writing two stories at the same time which is more than I can boast off ever since. So what was the problem?
Regularity. It gets pretty hard to publish content when your brain is in a frizzy, and you’re doubting your every move.
But we’ve looked back enough, now is the time I announce what I’ve already subtly told you…. I’m back. *Drumroll please*
As always, this blog is about life, happiness and all the crazy I am upto, which shall include everything from the typical Dog-ate-my-homework lies, to winning and losing at a Chinese game called Mahjong, to finding content on the internet that will BLOW your mind. I do that. What I also do is head the Prefectorial Board of my school this year, so this will be a great opportunity for all Bal Bharatians to stalk me, yay. Of course, since pain and angst and rebellion is unseparable from me, there will also be a lot of social issues writing, fiction and hopefully one or two fundraisers up here.
But whatever may come, this much I guarantee you: My personalised sense of satire that dwells into mockery as well as rises above hope, will catch up with you all, as I write on Address Is Not Available every Thursday.
Too much Future Tense. Here’s what I was upto while I was neglecting ya’ll since June 2013.
- Wrote my name in a ancient script called cuneiform and fell in love with archaeology.
- Went to City Montessori School for some competitions and debates but ended up having the Most Awful Trip of my life, and I can guarantee nothing in the future can no worse than what happened. Comic reconstruction of events may just be the next post.
- Participated in a rather biased MUN which was fun nonetheless, in the skirt we all know. Remember this?
- Found family halfway across the globe!
- Became Director of the Interact Club of the school and hence heard some lectures and participated in the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (where I won the Volleyball match because the opposite team never showed up!)
- Discovered the soporific power of the Political Science book
- Made friends in odd places- The Dominos sales executive, the bus driver, the peon for the Vice Principal.
- Wore a Vietnamese dress
- Discovered air charging as a part of my love-hate relationship with my phone. Basically my phone wasn’t charging when connected to the socket, and was finding juice instead flowing wildly through the air and began charging the MOMENT I unplugged it.
- Visited the International Book Fair for two consecutive days and bought nearly 50 books for the school library.
- Hitchhiked across the breadth of the country with my cousins and the elders. We flew from the capital, Delhi, to a place in the northeast called Mohanbari, and then began the pain. And adventure. And bumpy roads. But mostly pain because I get sick on the hills and the northeast was 90% hills and 10% sleep. Well the point is, we reached the northern most point in India, on my birthday, which happens to be a special thing because that place is not open to civilians, metres from the Chinese border. Guess what we had for lunch everyday? Potatoes and cauliflower. Guess we had for dinner? Cauliflower and potatoes. The following image is the happiest memory I have of the entire trip.
- Watched Tangled, and set off my own flying lantern three times.
- Went on a massive word search and academic lecture viewing spree that covered all November and December, all of which stemmed from a belief that I wasn’t good enough for Ivy League. I’d be lying if I said the spree is a thing of the past.
There were many more friends, lessons and awards on the way but you know me.. There’s only so much I can remember off the top of my head! My Facebook movie says I did much more, anyway.
I’m very glad to see that most of my followers have decided to stay, feel free to kick this blog with all sorts of nasty comments if I ever leave you again. If you stayed, you’d get an email automatically but if you’re new, please subscribe because that would make me happy much and also because me and my subscribers are an elite club with whom I love to interact. As always, the comment box is forever at your service! I realise now this is a rather wordy post, but I just made up for almost an entire year so you’ve got to give that grace!
Lastly, I have been asked to make a Facebook page for this blog, so if enough of you subscribe to the activity here I might just do that.
Now I’m gonna go edit the About page, yet again, and writhe in embarrassment of reading my old post. I missed you too! See you next Thursday.